Friday, July 2, 2010

Gay hypocrisy - Example #432-B

(UPDATE: Since I've posted this, I've come to the realization that, in the best interests of my mental health, I no longer want to be associated with homosexuality and will work towards leaving homosexuality behind, that said, this post came from a place of anger at myself and those who I felt were attempting to dictate my life. At this point, I have moved past that anger and internalized homophobia and now just accept that gay people come in all forms, and that most are positive, happy, normal people - with a few negative, hateful, and dysfunctional among them, just as in any given population, and that it was unfair of me to judge the entire population by their most radical and angry examples)

So there is this incredibly effeminate social worker I've been talking to off of "Encountr" (app for smart phones) that finally pissed me off. I was trying to be tolerant before, but when we start down that typical path of "Why can't you accept feminine guys for who they are" type of BS, I get pretty peeved. Why? Because I'm expected to acquiesce to their quirks and flamboyancy, and oftentimes I'm expected to even actively participate, and yet when I want to be my own self, I'm called "closed-minded".

This is why I can't stand gay men. For them it is a lifestyle with all the requirements (see the first post), and if you can't accept those that fit into that category, then you're the evil self-hating homophobe, whereas if they refuse to accept you for your preferences and ideals, they are celebrated among the "gay community"

And that's something else I might expand on later. There is no such thing as a "gay community", the only thing that REALLY unites homosexuals is their shared sexual preference. Beyond that, they are a myriad different sub groups and cliques that are often antagonistic to one another and rarely supportive of any real common cause or progress, unless it's the standard bogey men like Christians, Republicans, conservatives, and heterosexuals in general who don't blindly support GLBT rights.

In other news, I'm seriously considering starting a homo rap group (with anti-gay lyrics, of course). I've got some lyrics bouncing around my head, just need to get them down in my notepad, and maybe find someone that can mix some beats for me.