Friday, July 16, 2010

An Apology, and looking forward!

So this is my private blog, basically my diary chronicling everything I've been through in the last few years and my path going forward. There was a lot of anger and hate at the start because, well, I'm human and I'm not perfect. I had to work through those issues and become a better person. I realized that I harbored a lot of anger and hate towards people I felt had dictated who I should be and how I should live my life. I know I hate when people do this to me, and I imagine in some way by lashing out at those same people, I was dictating how I thought they should act and how they should live their lives.

So going forward, I promise I will not dictate anyone's life for them. I'm not God, I don't have that right, and besides, I can't honestly say I know what's best for everyone in their own situations.

So if anyone feels offended by anything I have said on here or anything I've said in the past, I sincerely apologize, especially if it came off as though I was telling you some type of standard you should live up to. I have no standards for others anymore, just come as you are. I can only accept you as you are, or I'm no better than those who reject those who are different and demand conformity.

So again, I sincerely apologize to any I have offended with my anger and hate. I have worked through those issues, improved as a person, and I am ready to leave my past behind, as indeed I hope everyone does at some point. Holding on to the past, living in the past, these are not positive places to be. It is far better to live in the present, do the best you can for one another, and have high hopes for the future.

Treat each other with as much kindness as you can, because life is too short for hate. I wrote this as a way of trying to do my part to promote a little good karma in the world for all the bad I might have created over the years.

I wish everyone only the best, even those who hate me for reasons I can't change. I love my enemies because to do any less would make me no better than they are. I only hope that they one day leave their own hate and anger behind and join me on being a better person and looking forward to a better future.

Peace, love, and applesause!