Thursday, July 22, 2010

A bit about my personality

I'm a true blue INTJ, according to the Myers-Briggs type test. So why is that relevant? Because:

1. When people tell me to do something, I'm not the type to automatically do it if it goes against my core values

And

2. If someone tells me something is impossible I'm likely to laugh in their face and then go on to prove them wrong.

I don't respect authority, per se, in the manner most do. I don't care who you are or what your credentials, if you're wrong, then you're wrong. I can be pretty stubborn myself and come off as though I'm right, but as bad as it sounds, if I'm fairly sure I'm right, chances are I'm right. If I have doubts I'll raise them and/or attempt to address them. If I'm proven wrong (through logic and reason, not emotion and faith) I will admit my error and add the new information to my catalog of knowledge.

So again the relevance is as follows, people who tell me to do something are fairly likely to have me do the opposite (unless the action/change makes logical sense and they show me that benefit). Likewise, if someone tells me something is impossible, that fuels my fire to prove them wrong.

Impossible is just a word people use when they haven't tried hard enough.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8