Sunday, September 5, 2010

Another goal accomplished!

At this pace, I might be dating a girl in about a month!

So went back out to one of the mix bars here in Denver and saw the same group of girls my friends and I were talking to again. My goal for the night was to get a girl's number, and I did. This cute short little Hispanic girl, very friendly and funny, and I danced with her several times. Heh, funny thing is, my friend spilled the beans about me trying to go from guys to girls, but she's totally cool with it. Kinda a dick move on his part, but oh well, didn't hurt I guess.

It's cool to have another group at the club to hang out with. My two friends, despite being fairly attractive dudes and pretty successful careers, have zero game. It's kinda lame how they just stand around drinking beer, bullshitting about getting the courage to talk to some girl. I kept trying to psych up our one friend to talk to some girl he was interested in all night, and he finally did, even got her number (assuming it wasn't a fake number). I told him earlier in the night, "right now you're at 100% failure if you don't go and talk to her, if you go talk to her, you got a 50/50 shot of getting shot down. So the choice is yours"

He told me how he went to talk to her, poor guy, he says he basically grabbed her and say "Hey, I saw you earlier and I wanted to say I'm interested in you." And she ran off real quick and said "I'll be right back." He thought he blew it, was kicking himself for an hour, but then she snuck up behind him and slipped a napkin in his pocket with her name and number on it. So I guess it kind of worked in the end, funny though that little dance was.

My other friend (my roommate's cousin) was first interested in this other girl, then she saw him talking kinda close to the girl he was interested in last week, and she got pissed off because she thought he was kissing her. That all blew up, and our friend ended up talking to her at the end of the night, getting her number for him, and told him to call her later. He was kinda bummed the rest of the night because he hates being accused of something he didn't do.

Anyway, all in all a fun night (for me anyway), an interesting learning experience, and I was happy I accomplished another of my goals!